Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Bit Jealous

Sometimes it is hard being both a parent and a teacher. I work in an urban school district. Most of the students come from families of modest means. I live in a nice community with nice schools. This week, at my children's school, it is teacher appreciation week. I think it’s flax jacket week at my school. So, I admit, I’m jealous! This is what the week will look like for my son’s teacher.



Monday: Receive thank you note with a nicety attached. (I may send out detention notices.)



Tuesday: Receive flowers. (I received flowers once from a family, but I think they thought they were coming to my funeral.)



Wednesday: Receive something movie related such as popcorn, candy, or movie tickets.

(I can look at the acceptable use policy for movies if I want something movie related.)



Thursday: Receive something Disney related. (I could take my family to Disney and shell out hundreds of dollars.)



Friday: Receive something timeshare related. No, seriously, receive a gift card.



What can I say? I’m just a bit envious.

No comments: