Wednesday, April 21, 2010

21 Forever? Doesn’t Look Like It

I suppose everybody knows someone who fails to come to grips with the reality of aging. My school has one. She is obviously 50 something and enjoys dressing like a 20 something year old barfly. I think it is apparent that she also employs certain devises to attempt to defy the laws of aging and gravity.


She is a teacher’s assistant by job title only. Everyday when I arrive at work she is in the attendance office using a school MacIntosh computer to look up sites on Latino boxers or trying to find deals on clothes for twenty something year olds who are 50 something year old broads.



In the classroom she does 0 ÷ 3, on a good day. She complains that the students don’t respect her and are very bad; unaware that they think she’s a joke.



I share a room with a teacher who suffers with her services. The few times I went into the room while my fellow teacher was in there, she was sitting at the teacher’s desk, you guessed it, using a school computer to look up sites on Latino boxers or trying to find deals on twenty something looking clothes for 50 something broads.



Twenty something…divided by at least two.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Every school must have one, because we have one at our school too. How she got hired and stays hired I don't know.