Thursday, April 22, 2010

Another One in the Books

Tonight was Open House, one of the true “joys” of teaching. This year I have had the absolute pressure, I mean pleasure, of teaching a reading intervention class to struggling readers. One class is my saccharin class, sweet and low. Another class is my future felon’s class. Usually, at an open house only the students who want their parents to see how they are doing show up. Tonight a student and his parents showed up who I’m sure he did not want them to see how he is doing. To his parent’s credit, they showed up and expressed sincere concern. The boy sat down and put his head in his hands. I almost felt sorry for him. Usually the block head doesn’t fall far from the tree. I was pleasantly surprised to be wrong.


The rest of the evening I caught up on some house cleaning issues and finished some reading. Not bad for a necessary evil.

No comments: