Thursday, April 8, 2010

What's Your Problem?

I often wonder what is actually going through my students minds. Sometimes I'm pretty sure I don't want to know.

Yesterday, K-nut decided she was going to be a class A punk-ette. I did the usual redirection, "get back on task young lady" thing. I was checking student work while going over the page we were covering. Two of my other girls were passing a note back and forth. So, I took it, stuffed it in my pocket and forgot about it until after class.

The contents of the note were very interesting. While I can't quote it exactly I can give a decent replication.
The note read, "What the *!?@ is wrong with K-nut? What's her #@&*? problem?" I thought, "How eloquently spoken. I don't know if I could've expressed it much better. It's good to see that most of the students know a punk-ette should just be ignored.

No comments: