Thursday, May 6, 2010

Sense?

I stopped expecting my district to make sense years ago. We are  what we are.

A few months ago we were told that a K-6 Charter School was going to be placed on our Middle School campus. Just imagine the kindergartners playing in the field with the 8th graders. There is a reason why normal elementary schools have the kindergartners in their own little gated area away from the general population! They'll get mowed down, stepped on, and probably lost! I mean the idea isn't even stupid. The concerns of parking, drop off and pick up of students, recess space, eating areas and library use all make the proposal a bit questionable to say the least. Political? 

Apparently, someone on a higher pay scale than me decided it might not be the ideal place for a charter school. I actually don't even care what the reason not to place a K-6 charter on my campus was because I doubt if it would make much sense to me anyhow.

No comments: