Thursday, April 29, 2010

OK, Enough Already, Now Retire

About seven or eight years ago I began a master’s degree program in educational leadership. After a few classes I was accepted into a federal leadership grant for urban school administration. Very nice, I only had to pay for books and few classes to earn my master’s along with my administrative credential. All throughout the program I kept hearing how in five to seven years over 30% or so of the administrators for our district were going to retire.

Ok, times up. Where are all these retirees? Retire already and get out of the way!

So, memo to possible retirees: Retire already! Next year there will be pay cuts and more work. Isn’t it time for you to be relaxing, golfing, traveling, telling stories about back in the day?

No comments: